Here’s a super fast way to create a hyperlink in WordPress.
For anyone using WordPress, this is a really cool productivity tip. It’s a quick way to create hyperlinks in a WordPress post or page using the WordPress editor. This may sound like a small tip and it is, but it makes writing articles just that little bit easier.
To demonstrate how quick it really is let’s look at the various ways to create a hyperlink in WordPress and compare.
1. Create Hyperlinks in the Visual Editor
The most common way to create hyperlinks in WordPress would be:
- Type out the word or phrase that will be the link
- Highlight it and then
- Click the hyperlink icon in the toolbar above to bring up the hyperlink interface
- Type or paste the URL of the page you want to link to in the URL box
- Click save and voila, you now have a new link.
2. Create Hyperlinks in the Text Editor
This is if you want to directly type in hyperlink with some html. Some people prefer this method. Here’s how it’s done.
- On the new page or blog post edit page click the “Text” button.
- Type in the hyperlink with text you want to link to e.g. <a href=”http://www.domain.com”>link name</a>
- Make sure there are no syntax errors in the html or in the link itself.
3. Copy and Paste to Instantly Create Hyperlinks
This is my favorite way of creating hyperlinks. It’s super fast and if you have a long article with a lot of hyperlinks it can save you some time and it’s a fun way to work. So here’s what you do:
3.1 Have the link you want to use copied and in your clipboard. In the visual editor, double click on a single word to highlight it. If it’s more than one word you can highlight it it the regular way with the mouse.
3.2 On your keyboard hit CTRL + V (Windows) or Command + V (Mac) to instantly paste the hyperlink directly into the highlighted text.
Voila! You’ve instantly created a hyperlink. How cool is that? Do you have any other productivity tips to share? Share them in the comments below.
For fast and extremely user-friendly hosting for your WordPress website checkout our WordPress Hosting. It comes with some excellent features including daily backups, WordPress and plugin updates, monitoring and security scans. It’s a fully featured solution leaving you to take care of business while we take care of your WordPress website.